Tuesday 2 March 2010

Things have been a little bit hectic over the last couple of weeks and my training (and blogging) has kind of taken a back seat role. I have moved house and work has been brutal so time and energy for midweek training runs has been in very short supply. I have still been managing to go to circuit training and do my long runs but I think I felt the effect of the missed runs when I went for my long run on Sunday. It was really difficult and my right ankle felt very strange in the beginning. Not painful just quite weak and tired. This caused pain in my right knee and right thigh which meant I had to cut the run short by two miles. I think this might a small niggle in something called my illiotibial band which runs from thigh to knee. The pain doesn’t seem to be as bad today as it has been the last couple of days so Im hopeful that I can try for an easy run this evening. Im going to have to be careful with it though, Kilomathon is just a week and a half away!

Im really looking forward to this race. Kilomathon is 26.2 kilometres from Nottingham to Derby, instead of the 26.2 miles of a marathon. It’s a good training distance but I wont really be ‘racing’ it. The plan is just to use it as a long training run. It’s the first ever race of this distance and it will be the biggest race I have ever done. It will have fuel stops and will probably be the closest I can get to the atmosphere of the marathon before the big day itself so it should be very good practice for dealing with nerves, starting pens, chip timers, energy stops and crowds. I’ll also be in the very capable hands of Mini-Judd who will be taking care of pre and post race nutrition and entertainment. Hope you’re strong mini, I may need carrying! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment