Wednesday 3 February 2010

Running in London and sick again!

I went to visit the girlies this weekend in London this weekend but I didnt want to sacrifice my weekend run so I got in my first ever London run and I loved it. I ran through Battersea Park admiring the power station I recognised so well from the Pink Floyd album cover. Ran over the river, along Chelsea Embankment, over Chelsea Bridge and then back through the park.

There had been a light dusting of snow overnight which made the park pretty but not treacherous and running near the river was very scenic. There were so many other runners too. Ive never seen so many other runners before. I love the quiet and peacefulness of running in the norfolk countryside but London offered something new and I really enjoyed it. Good job really or 25th April is going to be very dull ;o)

Club run yesterday went pretty well. It was snowing to begin with and I wasnt sure I had the energy to complete the session but as usual, I seem to get better the longer I stick with it. I just seem to find a rhythm eventually. Turns out there may have been a reason for my low energy levels as I seem to be sick. Again. Just another cold, probably caught from the man at work who has come into work for the last two weeks coughing and spluttering without covering his mouth. Grr, I really hate that. There always seems to be one no matter where I work. Tut.
Still, it gives me an excuse to relax on the sofa watching the football. Hoorah!

No comments:

Post a Comment