Friday 22 January 2010

Butterflies and running geekery

I had a pretty major case of nerves yesterday. I signed up to marathon group on the running website (FetchEveryone) I am a member of. They are organising what they call a ‘Fetchpoint’ where those who are not running gather to provide support, hugs, drinks, jelly babies and a shoulder to cry on if necessary. ;) So I joined the list of runners and looked through the information they provided. They will be waiting to cheer everybody on at mile 22. It was then that it hit me exactly what I let myself in for. Mile 22! What kind of state will I be in by mile 22? Im getting butterflies again now just thinking about it.

I hit the circuits again on Wednesday and the good news is…. My arms and shoulders don’t ache at all. This is because its all concentrated in my thighs this week! This means I cant sit down without making funny faces and the less said about getting up and down stairs the better. ;o)

With this in mind I went to running club with the intention of doing the easy 4 mile run that the coach mentioned on Tuesday. This turned into a very, very easy 2 and a half mile run with the coach and two other ladies. I didn’t really mind running this slow as the purpose was really to just loosen up my thighs without aggravating my shins ahead of Sundays PB attempt. Weirdly though, I found this more painful for my shins than I probably would have found it at my regular pace. It was quite nice to run along while having a chat though. Ooh and the Garmin has finally arrived which means I shall soon be able to wow/bore you all with amazing stats and stunning running geekery! Who want to see graphs? Hey? No-one? Oh. ;-p

Im officially resting/powering up for Sunday now. Im really looking forward to having a lie-in and not running tomorrow, not to mention the carb-loading, oh yes. Technically you probably don’t *need* to carb-load for a 10k but Im gonna. Im going for a PB y’know so the more carbs the better I say. Yum yum yum :) Hopefully I’ll be able to come back here on Sunday and tell you all about my sub 60min 10k but I think that because of the illness and minor niggles Ive had recently, a sub 65min is more realistic. That will still beat my previous time by 4 minutes so I’ll be sort of happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment